Our InfantSEE Program Provides A Free Eye Exam For Your Infant
Healthy eyes help your baby learn and experience new things in life. This is why we are an InfantSEE practice. We want to help you take care of your little one by making sure their eyes are developing properly.
What Is The InfantSEE Program?
InfantSEE is a program sponsored by the American Optometric Association and the Johnson & Johnson Vision Care Institute. It is a no-cost public health program designed to ensure infants receive the professional eye care they need. The InfantSEE program provides a one-time comprehensive eye exam to infants. This service is available to everyone, regardless of income.
[iframe http://www.youtube.com/embed/ZXncBXJ337Q 620 349]
Why Are Early Visits Necessary?
- Pediatricians can provide basic eye screenings, but our practice has more resources and training available to detect potential problems.
- Catching problems now may prevent problems later that could lead to learning and developmental issues.
- Professional exams give you peace of mind, knowing your child’s vision is developing correctly.
Here Are A Few Tips To Help With Your Baby’s Eye Development
- A baby’s eyes are sensitive to light. If you are outdoors, keep your baby’s eyes shaded with a hat or shade.
- Show your baby images with lots of contrast (think simple black-and-white pictures).
- Have a nightlight in your baby’s room. The light helps provide visual stimulation while they are in their cribs.
Call Us Today For Your Free InfantSEE Appointment
If you know someone with a child between 6 and 12 months, please pass this information along! We look forward to seeing you and your baby!