COVID-19 Safety Protocols
We Are Open By Appointment Only
Eyecare is considered an essential service and we are open with protocols to keep everyone safe. These protocols are consistent with guidelines by the CDC, OSHA, American Optometric Association, and San Luis Obispo County Department of Public Health.
- A well-fitting facemask must be worn at all times in our practice. N95, KN95, surgical masks, and cloth masks are acceptable. Bandanas, neck gators, and masks with exhalation valves are not acceptable. If you do not have a well-fitting acceptable facemask, we will provide you one.
- A limited number of patients will be allowed in our office at one time. Patients and customers will be asked to wait outside or in their cars until we can accommodate them. Simple glasses adjustments or order pick-ups may be completed outside to minimize waiting times.
- Please arrive alone without guests or family members. Minors may be accompanied by one adult. Other siblings or family members who cannot wait in the car should be left at home.
- Patients should complete all forms online or at home before their appointment time. Leaving forms to be completed during the actual appointment time may not leave adequate time for the exam and may result in the appointment being rescheduled to a later date.
- Patients should call or send us a text message upon their arrival and wait in their car or outside. Upon entry we will ensure proper mask wear, and direct patient to a hand wash station with soap and water.
- Doctors and staff will be masked at all times for your protection. Breath shields are in place at all service counters. Breath shields are also in place in the exam room for slit lamp exam. Exam rooms will be thoroughly cleaned and sanitized between each patient.
- When selecting glasses, all touched frames will then be cleaned and sterilized before being replaced on the display shelves.
We understand our new protocol greatly changes the Nipomo Optometry experience, and we appreciate everyone’s patience and understanding while we adjust to a new (and hopefully temporary) way of doing things. If you have any concerns or need any extra accommodations, please call us so we can help.